Home education (or home schooling) of children in the UK is growing in popularity. Not only does it offer a greater flexibility in learning for children, but it also allows parents to have more control over the way their children are introduced to various topics of education. Rather than children being stuck with set term times and being in the classroom all day every day, parents are able to switch up the learning process and allow for their children to experience what they are learning about. Which all sounds great for younger children, but what about for older kids who are about to embark on their GCSEs or even A-Levels, how does home education work for these age groups?
GCSEs and Home Education
Learning of either GCSEs (or A-Levels) lends itself well to home educating children. The key to its success is good planning and support, it’s vital that parents have a clear and focused understanding of the course syllabus and expected learning outcomes. This way when their child goes to sit the examinations, they are equipped and able to competently answers the exam questions. Now this can sound daunting and worrying for parents, but thankfully there is help available in the form of online GCSEs for students to self study.
By using an online GCSE course, parents will have access to all the course materials needed to learn and study the full syllabus. This means that rather than trying to rind the resources, everything is at hand. Along with this, the student and parent will have access to a personal tutor who is an Academic Expert. This gives the opportunity of being able to provide the student with an active learning environment within the home that they are used to, while still following the traditional syllabus needed to achieve high grades.
Subjects that can be studied online are very wide ranging. Best of all, if the student opts to study the International version of the GCSE, there is no coursework needed. Examples of GCSEs available online include:
- Travel and Tourism
Benefits of Studying Online GCSEs with Home Education
Some of the main benefits of using an online course in combination with home education for GCSEs are as follows:
- Flexibility – you are able to decide as and when each subject is studied by the student.
- Clear syllabus guidelines – the easy to follow course materials allow for self study. Which means no need for constant guidance from an Academic Expert.
- Tutor support – It’s safe to say we all need a little help and support from time to time. So, with online GCSEs, you have the added benefit of a tutor there to check in with. This means you can be sure your child is progressing along the right lines.
- Ability to get predicted grades or suggested grades – With the benefit of having a tutor helping, your child will be able to get predicted grades. This means no problems or issues with progressing study.
- Subjects can be done at home – as the courses are online, all learning is outside of traditional school.
Ready to Start your GCSEs?
Online GCSE Bundle£550.00 Select options
Online GCSE GeographySelect options
Online GCSE MathematicsSelect options
Online GCSE SociologySelect options
Online GCSE Travel and TourismSelect options
Online International GCSE Accounting (Cambridge)Select options
Online International GCSE BiologySelect options
Online International GCSE BusinessSelect options
Online International GCSE ChemistrySelect options
Online International GCSE Combined Science (Double Award)Select options
Online International GCSE Computer ScienceSelect options
Online International GCSE EconomicsSelect options