Online International GCSE Chemistry (4CH1) Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK or Internationally.
How long is the course? 1 year.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? Edexcel International GCSE Chemistry
What can I do with the qualification? Study A-Levels, BTEC Level 3 Diplomas, International Baccalaureates (IB).
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 2 Diplomas, USA GED, Hong Kong HKCEE, Singapore O-Level, Indian CBSE.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I enrol? At any time.
Your online International GCSE Chemistry course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
Examinations for International GCSE Chemistry are held every year in the January and May/June examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
International GCSE Chemistry (4CH1) Syllabus
This course will cover the following areas of study:
- Learn about the themes and patterns in chemistry.
- Develop an appreciation of the practical nature of chemistry.
- Acquiring experimental and investigative skills based on safe techniques.
- Appreciate the importance of the scientific method.
- Learn how to develop hypotheses and test them.
- Understanding the value of chemistry in the world.
- This qualification has two paper examinations.
- Chemistry Paper 1 Paper code: 4CH1/1C (66% of the total International GCSE marks). Written examination: 2 hours in length.
- Chemistry Paper 2 Paper Code: 4CH1/2C (33% of the total International GCSE marks). Written examination: 1 hour in length.
- Exam Availability: January and May/June.