How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK or Internationally.
How long is the course? 1 year.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? Pearson Edexcel GCSE Mathematics (9-1).
What can I do with the qualification? Study A-Levels, BTEC Level 3 Diplomas, International Baccalaureates (IB).
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 2 Diplomas, USA GED, Hong Kong HKCEE, Singapore O-Level, Indian CBSE.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I enrol? At any time.
Your online GCSE Mathematics course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
Examinations for GCSE Mathematics are held every year in the May/June examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
GCSE Mathematics (1MA1) Syllabus
This course is divided into 6 units of study:
- Ratio, proportion and rates of change
- Geometry and measures
- The GCSE Mathematics (1MA1) qualification consists of 3 examination papers.
- All three papers must be at the same tier of entry and must be completed in the same assessment series. Foundation Tier (grades 1 – 5) or Higher Tier (grades 4 – 9).
- Paper 1 is a non-calculator assessment and a calculator is allowed for Paper 2 and Paper 3.
- Each paper is 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
- Each paper has 80 marks.
- The content outlined for each tier will be assessed across all three papers.
- Each paper will cover all Assessment Objectives, in the percentages outlined for each tier.
- The qualification will be graded and certificated on a nine-grade scale from 9 to 1 using the total mark across all three papers where 9 is the highest grade. Individual papers are not graded.