How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK.
How long is the course? 1 year.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? Pearson Edexcel Level 2 Functional Skills English.
What can I do with the qualification? Study A-Levels, BTEC Level 3 Diplomas, International Baccalaureates (IB).
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 2 Diplomas, USA GED, Hong Kong HKCEE, Singapore O-Level, Indian CBSE.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I enrol? At any time.
Your online Functional Skills in English course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. Whilst enrolled you will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
Your study of the course will entail working through the CGP Functional Skills English Edexcel Level 2 Study & Test Practice Workbook (purchased separately), as you complete and observe videos and tasks set by your tutor through the online learning portal.
Examinations for Edexcel Functional Skills English are held every month. To sit the examinations you will need to book into a local examination centre as a Private Candidate. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
Functional Skills English Syllabus
This course is divided into 9 units of study:
2. Introduction and User Guide
3. CGP Section 1: Reading
4. CGP Section 2: Writing
5. Specimen and Past Papers
6. Exam Tips for the Speaking, Listening and Communicating Test
The online units are specially designed and developed to be used alongside the workbook and provide students with the best possible chances of successfully passing the examinations.
- The Functional Skills in English qualification consists of 1 examination paper in three sections.
- The reading section is 60 minutes in length and requires you to read unseen texts before answering 13 comprehension questions .
- The writing section is 60 minutes in length and divided into two parts, to test your spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- The speaking and listening section is 45 minutes in length and requires a 5 minute presentation and formal discussion within a small group.