Online Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK.
How long is the course? 1 year.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? Pearson Edexcel Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics.
What can I do with the qualification? Study A-Levels, BTEC Level 3 Diplomas, International Baccalaureates (IB).
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 2 Diplomas, USA GED, Hong Kong HKCEE, Singapore O-Level, Indian CBSE.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I enrol? At any time.
Your online Functional Skills in Mathematics course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. Whilst enrolled you will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
Your study of the course will entail working through the CGP Functional Skills Maths Edexcel Level 2 Workbook (purchased separately) with a scientific calculator, we advise the Casio fx-83GTX, (purchased separately). As you complete and observe videos and tasks set by your tutor through the online learning portal.
Examinations for Edexcel Functional Skills Mathematics are held every month. To sit the examinations you will need to book into a local examination centre as a Private Candidate. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
Functional Skills Mathematics Syllabus
This course is divided into 9 units of study:
- Introduction and User Guide
- Pre-Course Subject Knowledge Test
- Using a Scientific Calculator
- CGP Section 1: Number
- CGP Section 2: Measures, Shape and Space
- CGP Section 3: Handling Data
- Exam Tips
- Specimen and Past Papers
The online units are specially designed and developed to be used alongside the workbook and provide students with the best possible chances of successfully passing the examinations.
- The Functional Skills in Mathematics qualification consists of 1 examination paper in two sections.
- Section A is 25 minutes in length and is expected to be completed without a calculator.
- Section B is 1 hour 30 minutes in length and you are allowed to use a calculator to complete the section.
- The use of a scientific calculator is required and you are advised to use the Casio fx-83GTX as demonstrated in your learning of the course.