How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK or Internationally.
How long is the course? 1 year.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? Edexcel International GCSE Economics (9-1)
What can I do with the qualification? Study A-Levels, BTEC Level 3 Diplomas, International Baccalaureates (IB).
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 2 Diplomas, USA GED, Hong Kong HKCEE, Singapore O-Level, Indian CBSE.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I enrol? At any time.
Your online International GCSE Economics course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
Examinations for International GCSE Economics are held every year in the June examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
International GCSE Economics (4EC1) Syllabus
This course will cover the following areas of study:
1. Microeconomics and Business Economics
The market system:
- The economic problem
- Economic assumptions
- Demand, supply and market equilibrium
- The mixed economy
- Productivity and division of labour
- Business costs, revenues and profit
- Business competition
- The labour market
- Government intervention
2. Macroeconomics and the Global Economy
Government and the economy:
- Macroeconomic objectives
- Government policies
- Relationships between objectives and policies
The global economy:
- International trade
- Exchange rates
- The Edexcel International GCSE in Economics specification is assessed through a single exam.
- Examinations are available in June.