How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK or Internationally.
How long is the course? 1 year.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? Edexcel International GCSE English
What can I do with the qualification? Study A-Levels, BTEC Level 3 Diplomas, International Baccalaureates (IB).
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 2 Diplomas, USA GED, Hong Kong HKCEE, Singapore O-Level, Indian CBSE.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I enrol? At any time.
Your online International GCSE course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
Examinations for International GCSE are held every year in the June and November examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
International GCSE English Syllabus
This course will cover the following areas of study:
- Reading a wide range of material including everything from literary material to current media.
- Appreciating the English language and using it for learning and enjoyment.
- Use English to develop narrative, creative writing, making reports and developing a critical view of the quality of written expression.
The course is divided into 4 units of study:
Unit 1 – Building with Language
Unit 2 – Transactional Writing
Unit 3 – Discursive, Narrative and Descriptive Writing
Unit 4 – Spoken Language (Optional)
- Exam Availability: January and June.
- English (Specification B) Paper 1 Paper code: 4EB1/01
- One paper covered in a written examination: 3 hours (100 marks).
- Results are issued through your chosen examination centre.