How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK or Internationally.
How long is the course? 1 year.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? Cambridge International GCSE Geography (9-1).
What can I do with the qualification? Study A-Levels, BTEC Level 3 Diplomas, International Baccalaureates (IB).
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 2 Diplomas, USA GED, Hong Kong HKCEE, Singapore O-Level, Indian CBSE.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately and must be sat in the UK.
When can I enrol? At any time.
Your online GCSE Geography course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
Examinations for GCSE Geography are held every year in the June/November examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
GCSE Geography (0976) Syllabus
This course is divided into 3 units of study:
- Population and settlement
- The natural environment
- Economic development.
- The qualification consists of 3 examination papers.
- Paper 1: Geographical Themes 1 hour 45 minutes 45% of course marks – Candidates answer three questions, each worth 25 marks. Candidates must answer one question from each section.
- Paper 2: Geographical Skills 1 hour 30 minutes 27.5% of course marks – Candidates answer all the questions.
- Paper 4: Alternative to Coursework 1 hour 30 minutes 27.5% of course marks – Candidates answer two compulsory questions, completing a series of written tasks.
- Each paper will cover all Assessment Objectives, in the percentages outlined for each tier.
- The qualification will be graded and certificated on a nine-grade scale from 9 to 1 using the total mark across both papers where 9 is the highest grade.
- This course has no coursework element.