How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK or Internationally.
How long is the course? 1 year.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? Cambridge International GCSE Travel and Tourism.
What can I do with the qualification? Study A-Levels, BTEC Level 3 Diplomas, International Baccalaureates (IB).
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 2 Diplomas, USA GED, Hong Kong HKCEE, Singapore O-Level, Indian CBSE.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I enrol? At any time.
Your online GCSE Travel and Tourism course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
Examinations for GCSE Travel and Tourism are held every year in the June/November examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
GCSE Travel and Tourism (0471) Syllabus
This course will cover the following areas of study:
- Understanding the industry of Travel and Tourism.
- Theoretical knowledge of the sectors including products and services and the transport system.
- Practical skills in relating to the industry as well as personal and professional skills.
- A wider awareness of the economic environments.
- The qualification consists of 2 examination papers.
- Paper 1: Scenario based questions with short answers (60% of marks).
- Paper 2: Scenario based questions with short answers (40% of marks).
- The content outlined for each tier will be assessed across both papers.
- Each paper will cover all Assessment Objectives, in the percentages outlined for each tier.