Online Edexcel A-Level English Literature Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK or International.
How long is the course? 1 or 2 years.
Are there entry requirements? English GCSE or equivalent.
What certificate do I get? Pearson Edexcel A-Level English Literature
What can I do with the qualification? Study degree qualifications or higher level Diplomas.
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 3 Diplomas, USA Advanced Placement Program, Matriculation Certificate.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I start? At any time.
Your online Edexcel A-Level English Literature course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
The course materials have been specially written to enable students to self study the course. You can work through the syllabus at a pace and rate that suits you. Within the course, there is a combination of interactive elements, reading and self assessment questions for students to enjoy and work through as they progress their studies.
You can opt to study this A Level course over 1 year or 2. Fast tracking your learning is the best way to get your results quickly ready for University. If one year isn’t enough for your studies, you can extend your learning time for free.
Examinations for Edexcel A-Level English Literature are held every year in the June examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
Edexcel A-Level English Literature Syllabus
This course will cover the following areas of study:
- Independently reading a wide range of set texts and others you have selected for yourself
- Engaging and responding to these texts in a critical and creative way
- Build your knowledge of literary analysis and evaluation and practice them yourself
- Explore the interpretations of others to texts they are reading
- Independently study in a sustained way to develop a deep appreciation of English Literature and how it impacts tradition
Units of study:
Unit 1: Drama
William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest
William Shakespeare, Shakespeare: A Critical Anthology – Comedy (Order this from your exam centre when you register)
Unit 2: Prose
Mary Shelly, Frankenstein
Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid’s Tale
Unit 3: Poetry
S. Eliot, Selected Poems (Faber, 2009) ISBN 9780571247059 (This is the 80th Anniversary Edition in an attractive hardcover.)
William Sieghart, ed., Poems of the Decade: An Anthology of the Forward Books of Poetry 2002–2011 (Faber and Faber, 2015) ISBN 978-0571325405
Unit 4: Coursework
Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights
Angela Carter, The Bloody chamber
A Level English Literature works well with:
If you need more UCAS points to enable you to go to University, these A Levels work well with English Literature:
- Edexcel A-Level examinations can be carried out in the UK or Internationally.
- Examination period is in the June examination period.
- Edexcel A-Level English Literature course code: 9ET0
- Course includes a Non-Examinable Element (NEA).