Online AQA A-Level Religious Studies Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK.
How long is the course? 1 or 2 years.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? AQA A-Level Religious Studies
What can I do with the qualification? Study degree qualifications or higher level Diplomas.
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 3 Diplomas, USA Advanced Placement Program, Matriculation Certificate.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I enrol? At any time.
Your online AQA A-Level Religious Studies course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
Although designed as a course to cover 2 years of study, you do have the option as a distance learning student to complete the course and sit the examinations in a year or less should you prefer.
Examinations for AQA A-Level Religious Studies are held every year in the June examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
AQA A-Level Religious Studies Syllabus
This course will cover the following component areas of study:
Section A: Philosophy of religion
• Arguments for the existence of God
• Evil and suffering
• Religious experience
• Religious language
• Self and life after death.
Section B: Ethics and religion
• Ethical theories
• Issues of human life and death
• Issues of animal life and death
• Introduction to meta ethics
• Free will and moral responsibility
• Bentham and Kant.
Section A: Study of religion – for each faith option (2A–2E) the following topics are covered:
• Sources of wisdom and authority
• God/gods/ultimate reality
• Self, death and the afterlife
• Good conduct and key moral principles
• Expression of religious identity
• Religion, gender and sexuality
• Religion and science
• Religion and secularisation
• Religion and religious pluralism.
Section B: The dialogue between philosophy of religion and religion.
Section C: The dialogue between ethical studies and religion.
- AQA A-Level examinations can only be carried out in the UK.
- Examination period is in the June examination period.
- AQA A-Level Religious Studies course code: 7062