How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK or International.
How long is the course? 1 or 2 years.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? Pearson Edexcel A-Level History
What can I do with the qualification? Study degree qualifications or higher level Diplomas.
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 3 Diplomas, USA Advanced Placement Program, Matriculation Certificate.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I enrol? At any time.
Your online Edexcel A-Level History course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
Although designed as a course to cover 2 years of study, you do have the option as a distance learning student to complete the course and sit the examinations in a year or less should you prefer.
Examinations for Edexcel A-Level History are held every year in the June examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
Edexcel A-Level History Syllabus
This course will cover the following areas of study:
- Developing an enthusiasm for History
- Use the concepts learned in a variety of contexts
- Develop a critical and enquiring approach to the study of History
- Acquire an understanding of historical study for example that history is concerned with the judgments based on available evidence and that these judgments are provisional
- Develop you use and understanding of historical terms concepts and skills
- Organise and communicate your historical knowledge and understanding in different ways
This course in divided into four units:
Russia 1917-1991: From Lenin to Yeltsin
Mao’s China 1949-1976
Protest, Agitation and Parliamentary reform in Britain 1780-1928
The Cold War, It’s Development and it’d Demise 1945-1990
- Edexcel A-Level examinations can be carried out in the UK or Internationally.
- Examination period is in the June examination period.
- Edexcel A-Level History course code: 9HI0
- This qualification requires the submission of a Non-Examinable Assessment (NEA).