Online Cambridge International A-Level English Literature Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK or International.
How long is the course? 1 or 2 years.
Are there entry requirements? English GCSE or equivalent.
What certificate do I get? Cambridge International A-Level English Literature
What can I do with the qualification? Study degree qualifications or higher level Diplomas.
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 3 Diplomas, USA Advanced Placement Program, Matriculation Certificate.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I start? At any time.
Your online Cambridge International A-Level English Literature course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
The course materials have been specially written to enable students to self study the course. You can work through the syllabus at a pace and rate that suits you. Within the course, there is a combination of interactive elements, reading and self assessment questions for students to enjoy and work through as they progress their studies.
You can opt to study this A Level course over 1 year or 2. Fast tracking your learning is the best way to get your results quickly ready for University. If one year isn’t enough for your studies, you can extend your learning time for free.
Examinations for Cambridge International A-Level English Literature are held every year in the June and November examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
Cambridge International A-Level English Literature Syllabus
This course will cover the following areas of study:
- Independently reading a wide range of set texts and others you have selected for yourself
- Engaging and responding to these texts in a critical and creative way
- Build your knowledge of literary analysis and evaluation and practice them yourself
- Explore the interpretations of others to texts they are reading
- Independently study in a sustained way to develop a deep appreciation of English Literature and how it impacts tradition
Units of study:
Unit 1: Poetry and Prose
Unit 2: Drama
Unit 3: Shakespeare and Other Pre-20th Century Texts
Unit 4: 1900 to the Present
A Level English Literature works well with:
If you need more UCAS points to enable you to go to University, these A Levels work well with English Literature:
- Cambridge International A-Level examinations can be carried out in the UK or Internationally.
- Examination period is in the June or November examination period.
- Cambridge International A-Level English Literature course code: 9695