When looking at continuing your educational journey, you will soon begin to realise there are almost endless options, from whether to study A-Levels or Diplomas, through to the subjects and fields of courses available.
All these options are available for you to choose from before you even begin to consider the other aspects of returning to education. Once you have decided what you want you to study and in what format, the next thing you need to look at and consider is whether you want to study the course online or in a classroom.
Both options of study, whether online or in a classroom, carry their own benefits and will appeal to different people in different ways. We’re going to look at the advantages of online learning and try to highlight aspects you may not have thought of.
Advantages of Online Learning
Needless to say, the list of advantages of online learning versus classroom learning could end up being a very long list if you go into too much details. So we’re just going to focus on the main advantages that online learning brings to students.
- Flexibility – with online learning you have the option to start your studies as and when it suits you. No need to stick to term times and certain hours.
- Freedom of study – when studying an online course, you will find you have more freedom to focus and drill down on the aspects of the subject that appeal to you most, rather than having to follow just the course syllabus.
- Choice of subject – unlike with classroom based learning, online learning opens up the ability and opportunity to study a much wider range of courses. Rather than just having a choice of the most popular mainstream subjects.
- Cost – Online learning is much cheaper than classroom based learning. And you have the added advantage of not having to commute to the classroom to take part in the classes.
- Open enrolment – As online learning isn’t restricted by classroom size, most online courses offer open enrolment and so you are free to enrol onto the course of your choice without needing to meet specific entry requirements.
If you feel ready to begin your learning journey, but you’re not sure which course is right for you and where you want to be, why not get in touch with our helpful team for some more advice and help.