How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK or International.
How long is the course? 1 or 2 years.
Are there entry requirements? English GCSE or equivalent.
What certificate do I get? Pearson Edexcel A-Level English Language and Literature
What can I do with the qualification? Study degree qualifications or higher level Diplomas.
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 3 Diplomas, USA Advanced Placement Program, Matriculation Certificate.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I enrol? At any time.
Your online Edexcel A-Level English Language and Literature course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
The course materials have been specially written to enable students to self study the course. You can work through the syllabus at a pace and rate that suits you. Within the course, there is a combination of interactive elements, reading and self assessment questions for students to enjoy and work through as they progress their studies.
You can opt to study this A Level course over 1 year or 2. Fast tracking your learning is the best way to get your results quickly ready for University. If one year isn’t enough for your studies, you can extend your learning time for free.
Examinations for Edexcel A-Level English Language and Literature are held every year in the June examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
Edexcel A-Level English Language and Literature Syllabus
This course will cover the following areas of study:
- Developing an enthusiasm for English language and literature
- Use the concepts learned in a variety of contexts
- Develop a critical and enquiring approach to the study of English language and literature
- Engage creatively with a wide range of texts
- Develop skills ad a producer and interpreter of language
- Develop the ability to study independently and over a sustained time period
Units of study:
Unit 1: Voices in Speech and Writing
Voices in Speech and Writing: An Anthology
Arthur Miller, All My Sons
Unit 2: Varieties in Language and Literature
Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights
Angela Carter, The Bloody Chamber
Unit 3: Coursework
Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest
Wendy Jones, Grayson Perry: A portrait of the Artist as a Young Girl
A Level English Language and Literature works well with:
If you need more UCAS points to enable you to go to University, these A Levels work well with English Language and Literature:
- Edexcel A-Level examinations can be carried out in the UK or Internationally.
- Examination period is in the June examination period.
- Edexcel A-Level English Language and Literature course code: 9EL0
- Course includes a Non-Examinable Element (NEA).