How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK.
How long is the course? 1 or 2 years.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? AQA A-Level Accounting
What can I do with the qualification? Study degree qualifications or higher level Diplomas.
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 3 Diplomas, USA Advanced Placement Program, Matriculation Certificate.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I start? At any time.
Your online AQA A-Level Accounting course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
The course materials have been specially written to enable students to self study the course. You can work through the syllabus at a pace and rate that suits you. Within the course, there is a combination of interactive elements, reading and self assessment questions for students to enjoy and work through as they progress their studies.
You can opt to study this A Level course over 1 year or 2. Fast tracking your learning is the best way to get your results quickly ready for University. If one year isn’t enough for your studies, you can extend your learning time for free.
Examinations for AQA A-Level Accounting are held every year in the June examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
AQA A-Level Accounting Syllabus
This course is divided into the following units:
1. An introduction to the role of the accountant in business
2. Types of business organisation
3. The double entry model
4. Verification of accounting records
5. Accounting concepts used in the preparation of accounting records
6. Preparation of financial statements of sole traders
7. Limited company accounts
8. Analysis and evaluation of financial information
10. Marginal costing
11. Standard costing and variance analysis
12. Absorption and activity based costing
13. Capital investment appraisal
14. Accounting for organisations with incomplete records
15. Partnership accounts
16. Accounting for limited companies
17. Interpretation, analysis and communication of accounting information
18. The impact of ethical considerations
A Level Accounting works well with:
If you need more UCAS points to enable you to go to University, these A Levels work well with Accounting:
- AQA A-Level examinations can only be carried out in the UK.
- Examination period is in the June examination period.
- AQA A-Level Accounting course code: 7127