How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK.
How long is the course? 1 or 2 years.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? AQA A-Level Philosophy
What can I do with the qualification? Study degree qualifications or higher level Diplomas.
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 3 Diplomas, USA Advanced Placement Program, Matriculation Certificate.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I start? At any time.
Your online AQA A-Level Philosophy course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
The course materials have been specially written to enable students to self study the course. You can work through the syllabus at a pace and rate that suits you. Within the course, there is a combination of interactive elements, reading and self assessment questions for students to enjoy and work through as they progress their studies.
You can opt to study this A Level course over 1 year or 2. Fast tracking your learning is the best way to get your results quickly ready for University. If one year isn’t enough for your studies, you can extend your learning time for free.
Examinations for AQA A-Level Philosophy are held every year in the June examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
AQA A-Level Philosophy Syllabus
This course will cover the following areas of study:
- Building and constructing powerful arguments.
- Integrating themes and texts.
- Developing a grounding in key philosophical concepts, themes, texts and techniques.
- Developing reasoning ability as well as the skills to express themselves coherently and contribute to the process of debate.
- The consideration of philosophical problems through the study of a key text.
This course is divided into the following units:
2. Moral philosophy
3. Metaphysics of God
4. Metaphysics of mind
A Level Philosophy works well with:
If you need more UCAS points to enable you to go to University, these A Levels work well with Philosophy:
- AQA A-Level examinations can only be carried out in the UK.
- Examination period is in the June examination period.
- AQA A-Level Philosophy course code: 7172