How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK or Internationally.
How long is the course? 1 year.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? Edexcel IGCSE Spanish (9-1)
What can I do with the qualification? Study A-Levels, BTEC Level 3 Diplomas, International Baccalaureates (IB).
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 2 Diplomas, USA GED, Hong Kong HKCEE, Singapore O-Level, Indian CBSE.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I enrol? At any time.
Your online IGCSE Spanish course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
Examinations for IGCSE Spanish are held every year in the June examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
IGCSE Spanish (4SP1) Syllabus
This course will cover the following areas of study:
- Listening to spoken Spanish and being able to translate into English
- Reading Spanish with a clear understanding of vocabulary and grammar structures.
- Creating written responses in Spanish.
- Speaking Spanish with clarity and confidence.
Course study is split into 5 topics:
Topic A: Home and Abroad
Topic B: Education and Employment
Topic C: Personal life and relationships
Topic D: The world around us
Topic C: Social activities, fitness and health
- Qualification consists of three examinable components.
- Paper 1: Listening – 30 minute paper – Paper code 4SP1/01.
- Paper 2: Reading and Writing – 1 hour 45 minute paper – Paper code 4SP1/02.
- Paper 3: Speaking- 10 minute paper – Paper code 4SP1/03.
- Exam Availability: June