Online IGCSE Physics (4PH1) Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK or Internationally.
How long is the course? 1 year.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? Edexcel IGCSE Physics (9-1)
What can I do with the qualification? Study A-Levels, BTEC Level 3 Diplomas, International Baccalaureates (IB).
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 2 Diplomas, USA GED, Hong Kong HKCEE, Singapore O-Level, Indian CBSE.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I enrol? At any time.
Your online IGCSE Physics course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
Examinations for IGCSE Physics are held every year in the January and June examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
IGCSE Physics (4PH1) Syllabus
This course will cover the following areas of study:
- A systematic body of scientific knowledge and facts.
- An appreciation of the nature of physics.
- The development of experimental and investigative skills as well as safe laboratory techniques.
- An appreciation of the scientific method.
- The ability to form hypothesis and test them.
- The skills to evaluate the benefits and drawbacks of the scientific methods.
- To organise and present information logically and clearly including scientific terms.
- Qualification requires two exam papers to be completed.
- Paper 1 – Paper code: 4PH1/1P (66.6%). Written examination: 2 hours (120 marks).
- Paper 2 – Paper Code: 4PH1/2C (33.3%). Written examination: 1 hour (60 marks).
- Examination period January and June.