How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK or Internationally.
How long is the course? 1 year.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? Edexcel IGCSE Information and Communication Technology
What can I do with the qualification? Study A-Levels, BTEC Level 3 Diplomas, International Baccalaureates (IB).
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 2 Diplomas, USA GED, Hong Kong HKCEE, Singapore O-Level, Indian CBSE.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I enrol? At any time.
Your online IGCSE Information and Communication Technology course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
Examinations for IGCSE Information and Communication Technology course are held every year in the January and May/June examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
IGCSE Information and Communication Technology Syllabus
This course will cover the following areas of study:
- explore how digital technology impacts on the lives of individuals, organisations and society
- learn about current and emerging digital technologies and the issues raised by their use in a range of contexts by individuals and organisations
- develop awareness of the risks that are inherent in using ICT and the features of safe, secure and responsible practice
- broaden and enhance your ICT skills and capability
- work with a range of digital tools and techniques to produce effective ICT solutions in a range of contexts
- learn how to reflect critically on your own and others’ use of ICT and how to adopt safe, secure and responsible practice.
Course topics include:
Topic 1: Digital Devices
Topic 2: Connectivity
Topic 3: Operating Online
Topic 4: Online Goods and Services.
Topic 5: Applying Information and Communication Technology
Topic 6: Software Skills
- There are two papers for this qualification.
- Paper 1: Written Paper Paper code 4IT1/01. 50% of the total International GCSE. 1-hour and 30-minute written examination.
- Paper 2: Practical Paper Paper code 4IT1/02. 50% of the total International GCSE. 3-hour practical examination.