Online IGCSE English as a Second Language Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK or Internationally.
How long is the course? 1 year.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? Cambridge International IGCSE 0993 (Speaking Endorsement) & 0991 (Count-in Speaking)
What can I do with the qualification? Study A-Levels, BTEC Level 3 Diplomas, International Baccalaureates (IB).
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 2 Diplomas, USA GED, Hong Kong HKCEE, Singapore O-Level, Indian CBSE.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I enrol? At any time.
Your online IGCSE English as a Second Language course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
Examinations for IGCSE English as a Second Language are held every year in the June and November examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
IGCSE English as a Second Language Syllabus
This course will cover the following areas of study:
- better communicative ability in English
- improved ability to understand English in a range of everyday situations and in a variety of social
registers and styles
- greater awareness of the nature of language and language-learning skills
- wider international perspective.
The course comes in 4 units of study:
Unit 1: Reading
Unit 2: Writing
Unit 3: Listening
Unit 4: Speaking
- Cambridge IGCSE assessment takes place at the end of the course and can include written, oral, coursework and practical assessment. More information on how your particular qualification are examined will be detailed in your course materials.
- Results are issued in August and January, through your chosen examination centre.