How do I study the course? Online.
Where can I study from? UK and Internationally.
How long is the course? 1 or 2 years.
Are there entry requirements? No.
What certificate do I get? CIE A-Level Computer Science
What can I do with the qualification? Study degree qualifications or higher level Diplomas.
What level is the course? Equivalent to Level 3 Diplomas, USA Advanced Placement Program, Matriculation Certificate.
Are exams included? No, you have to book these separately.
When can I enrol? At any time.
Your online CIE A-Level Computer Science course will come with full tutor support for the length of your studies. You will have access through an online learning portal to all materials and information that you need to study and learn in preparation for your examinations.
Although designed as a course to cover 2 years of study, you do have the option as a distance learning student to complete the course and sit the examinations in a year or less should you prefer.
Examinations for CIE A-Level Computer Science are held every year in the June and November examination period. If you need more help or advice regarding studying this course, contact one of our helpful team for more assistance.
CIE A-Level Computer Science Syllabus
With the CIE A-Level Computer Science course, topics are clearly structured and cover a wide variety of computer science issues. Learners will study topics including information representation, communication and Internet technologies, hardware, software development, and relational database modelling.
Focusing on the Python progamming language, you will build on your abilities to work with software and programming to create and generate competent and thorough examples of solid programming work and problem solving abilities.
This course will allow for students to:
- You will build on your GCSE foundations without repetition of content.
- You will have a wide choice of topics for study covering all aspects of computer science.
- You will develop a passion for the theory of computer science.
- You will develop good programming skills.
- CIE A-Level examinations can only be carried out in the UK and Internationally.
- Examination period is in the June and November examination period.
- CIE A-Level Computer Science course code: 9618.